I was so happy to be part of the first ever WordCamp Halifax last weekend, speaking about a topic near to my heart: making WordPress development suck less.
I also debuted a new technique for “wrapping” WordPress inside a Slim Framework core (you could easily adapt this for other frameworks too).
Below are the slides from my talk, along with some links and notes.
- Installing WordPress in a subdirectory of itself
- John Bloch’s WordPress package for Composer
- Timber (Twig for WordPress)
- Custom template locations for Timber (makes it possible to separate ‘controllers’ and ‘views’
- Dotenv credential management (philosophy)
- Bonus level: SlimWP
- Roots Bedrock
If I missed any links, please let me know in the comments, and be sure to follow me on Twitter for more fun!